--tempeh-- sun-dried tomatoes, sesame seeds, flax, miso, salt, herbs
--rice--cauliflower, parsely, turmeric, salt
So I ended up water fasting one day, the day I got my colonic (I fasted for the colonic and felt such a good release I just stayed with it) and this is day 2 of green juice/stevia lemonade fasting. I would have kept on with the water, but I have to move around a lot--walking up to the cafe, to down, working in the garden. I am feeling really good and I am hoping it will make my upper back pain decrease (I strained it recently and it is very hard for me to sleep comfortably). When you are fasting (even with the very low kcal green juice hopefully), your body has to break down tissues to keep you going, and since the body is very intelligent, it starts with the most damaged tissue. But the body has its own priority levels. I might want one thing to go away, like a scar, but my body won't work on that until much more important tissues are broken down first. Then when you start to eat, you can rebuild, so it is very important to eat very well, or you will undo everything. I hope my painful back is a high enough priority, but who knows. (For anyone who doesn't know--Starvation would start at the point where you are breaking down vital tissue). I will stop when I feel too weak to do the work I need to do, or if I feel enough has been accomplished and I want to eat. I feel better than I have in a while right now--more awake, calmer, content. Back pain is about the same though, I'll give it some time.
My roommate was going to juice fast as well. She has some digestive problems and could use a break. She ended up with some food poisoning-type bug last night and has been on just water all day, so by coincidence she is starting her fast the way I did. I'm sure by tonight or tomorrow she will start juice.
No comments:
Post a Comment